Las Vegas, Nevada attorney Joseph Gersten is the founder of The Gersten Law Firm. His practice focuses on criminal defense in the Nevada federal and state courts. He represents Nevada residents, as well as visitors and tourists, on the full range of criminal offenses — including drug and prostitution charges, domestic violence offenses, and firearms violations. He also provides legal services for family law, and business matters.
Clients who work with Joe and his law firm know they are not hiring just any lawyer: He holds a Master of Forensic Sciences degree and has experience in complex matters from his work for the United States Secret Service, Intelligence Division, and the United States Food and Drug Administration’s Office of Criminal Investigations. He also offers clients the benefit of his extensive experience as a trial attorney for two large insurance companies and a private law firm.
In addition to practicing law, Joe is an Adjunct Professor at UNLV in the Criminal Justice Department lecturing on Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure. He loves teaching. It's in his blood — literally — because his father was a teacher, and so Joe grew up with teaching as a part of his life. Joe's students enjoy his sense of humor and actually call his classes "fun." They find his classes very interesting, especially because he integrates his real life experiences into the subjects he teaches. Enthusiasm for UNLV runs in Joe's family — his wife Beth is Assistant Dean and Director of Undergraduate Programs there.
Joe brings to his practice the strength, knowledge and local experience that make a difference in his clients' cases. To learn more, read about what his clients have to say.
Before moving to Las Vegas, Joe worked in Washington, D.C. and Connecticut. He founded The Gersten Law Firm to provide legal services in Las Vegas and Henderson, as well as throughout Clark County. He lives in Las Vegas with his family.
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Business Law
- Quinnipiac College School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 1998
- The George Washington University, M.F.S., 1994
- The George Washington University, B.A., 1992
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA), Basic and Advanced Trial School
- Clark County Bar Association
- Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Association of Former Intelligence Officers
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of Connecticut
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut